1. Frame up the garment as normal, and load the file
2. Place the material you wish to use for applique within the area of the embroidery required – we used fleece for ours, which produces a very nice raw edge
3. Start the machine – a run stitch line will then stitch around, pinning the material in place, followed by an automatic stop on the machine
4. Remove the frame from the machine and cut roughly around the outside of the run stitch – it needn’t be perfect, as it will give a nice fluffy finish once complete!
5. Place back on the machine, and press start – it will then stitch a triple run stitch to further hold it down, and continue embroidering the rest of the design
6. Once finished, remove from the machine, take off the backing and enjoy Christmas!